Week 1 – Stain Removal
I will not take anything from you so that you can’t say you made Abram rich.
CARING FOR GOD’S GLORY
- You were made to glorify God – Isaiah 43:7
- No one can steal God’s glory – Isaiah 42:8
- Satan loves when you try to steal God’s glory
- The Earth will be filled with the knowledge of His glory – Habakkuk 2:14
How do we live this out?
Live By His Strength [1 Peter 4:11] – remember, THE SAME POWER
Bear Fruit [John 15:8] – remember, ABIDE IN HIM
Shine Light [Matthew 5:16] – remember, DON’T HIDE THE GOOD NEWS
Live Intentionally [1 Corinthians 10:31] – remember, KEEP PRESSING FORWARD
GLORY BE TO GOD
Breakout Session Questions
1) Read Isaiah 6:3, Isaiah 60:1-3, and Revelation 21:22-25. What is the glory of God?
2) Read Isaiah 42:8. What does it mean that no one can steal God’s glory, if we know that often we do things to take His glory all the time?
3) Read 1 Peter 4:10-11. What have we been given to help us to live for God’s glory? Within this passage, we are given the answer to how we can do what we have been called to do – to live a life for God’s glory. What can we glean?
Handle with Care is a 6-week series focused on studying God’s Word and responding with care. The six weeks of messages may sound like instructions for laundry care — but you will soon find Handle with Care beckons you to examine within, to gauge how you truly love God and love others, and to grow inward and outward. Caring starts with the heart and pours out into the community.
- Week 1 – Stain Removal – Caring for God’s glory
- Week 2 – Do Not Bleach – Caring for Truth
- Week 3 – Add Fabric Softener – Caring like Barnabas
- Week 4 – Fasten the Zipper – Caring for Unity
- Week 5 – Empty Pockets – Caring for Treasures
- Week 6 – Iron Low Heat – Caring without Complacency