Tag Archives: Exposed by the Light
8 – For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light. [NIV]
9 – For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true. [NLT]
11 – Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. [ESV]
13 – But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible. [ESV]
15 – Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise. [NASB]
16 – Make the most of your opportunities because these are evil days. [GW]
17 – So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. [NASB]
18 – And don’t get drunk with wine, which leads to reckless actions, but be filled by the Spirit. [HCSB]
Taking the Next Step
- Share Truth with Grace – this exposes the darkness
- Make the most of your opportunities – even if you are a small flicker, it’s light
- Understand the will of God – Prayer and Bible study crucial
- Allow the Spirit to move through you rather than the world deciding your path
Bible Study Questions:
GOD IS LIGHT:
- Read 1 John 1:5. This verse says that God is Light. Further it says that in Him there is no darkness. What does it mean when John writes that “God is Light”?
- God is Light but He is also the Father of Light (see James 1:17) and the Possessor of Light (see 1 Peter 2:9). What does this mean? How has God shined His light in your life? Consider this and share on the rays of light paper.
- In 1 Timothy 6:16, it says that God lives in unapproachable light. This passage is a great reminder that God is pure and holy. We read in the Bible that no one can set eyes on God. When God passed by Moses, recall how God had to cover Moses until He passed (see Exodus 33-34). We are able to approach God now through Christ Jesus alone. The veil is torn. Remember that nothing can stand in the way of you and your relationship with God. Jesus has bridged the gap. Consider what gets in the way of you and God. Take a piece of paper. Write down what gets in the way. Tear the paper, remembering that the veil is torn. Nothing need come between you and your Father.
- In John 1:5, we read that the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. What does this mean to you? Why can’t the light be extinguished? Pray for the Spirit to reveal how you can shine His light in the darkness.
REBELS OF LIGHT:
- Read Job 24:13-14. There are people who are rebels of light. They do not know the ways of God. These people walk in the darkness.
- Read Isaiah 5:20. This verse speaks about those who call evil good and good evil. We see these people so often in the world. How can we share some light in this dark world? Take a candle. Light it using one of the lit candles at the table. Place it with the other candles and pray for this light to multiply out into our streets.