Tag Archives: Ezekiel 16:13
Here’s a sermon outline on Being Faithful to God. You may download the outline below.
Being Faithful to God
Definition of faithful: Loyal, constant, steadfast, devoted, committed, dedicated, unswerving.
Revelation 19:7-9 ESV Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.” His Bride has made herself ready
Matthew 25:1-13 – Parable of the Ten Virigins
- BELIEVE – you must be saved. What is holding you back? Disbelief / fear / doubt
- Double-minded – James 1:6 NIV But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. Double-minded – “dipsuchos” / dis meaning “twice” and psuche meaning “mind.” – divided in interests, uncertain, two-faced, half-hearted. You can’t half believe God.
- ACT – you weren’t saved to stand still – This is how you get to know God better.
- Bible – Read it / Study it – Individually and in Group – only offensive weapon
- Prayer – Prayer is a two way conversation. (ex: Bro Lawrence)
- Church – Worship / Community
- DRESS – you must be dressed to stand firm
- Ephesians 6:13 NLT Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. – God’s own nature / Dressed for battle – battle for souls
- Clothed in Righteousness – “I will sing for joy in God, explode in praise from deep in my soul! He dressed me up in a suit of salvation, he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo and a bride a jeweled tiara.” (Isaiah 61:10 MSG)
Lamentations 3:25 MSG “God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the
woman who diligently seeks.”
Act Justly / Love Mercy / Walk Humbly – Micah 6:8 NLT
Love God. Love Others ( Deuteronomy / Gospels)
“‘I came by again and saw you, saw that you were ready for love and a lover. I took care of you, dressed you and protected you. I promised you my love and entered the covenant of marriage with you. I, God, the Master, gave my word. You became mine. I gave you a good bath, washing off all that old blood, and anointed you with aromatic oils. I dressed you in a colorful gown and put leather sandals on your feet. I gave you linen blouses and a fashionable wardrobe of expensive clothing. I adorned you with jewelry: I placed bracelets on your wrists, fitted you out with a necklace, emerald rings, sapphire earrings, and a diamond tiara. You were provided with everything precious and beautiful: with exquisite clothes and elegant food, garnished with honey and oil. You were absolutely stunning. You were a queen! You became world-famous, a legendary beauty brought to perfection by my adornments. Decree of God, the Master.”
(Ezekiel 16:8-14 MSG)