Tag Archives: free Christian education lessons
1) Must stay DEEPLY ROOTED and FIRM IN FAITH (v. 23a)
2) Must NOT GIVE UP HOPE received (v. 23b)
- Warn every man
- Teach every man all wisdom
- Present every man mature in Christ
3) Must PREACH COMPLETE MESSAGE (v. 25)
plērōsai (play-ro’-o) Fulfill, complete, to make full, full to individual capacity
- In its fullness [NIV]
- Entire message [NLT]
- Fully carry out [NASB]
- Fully known [HCSB]
- Fully deliver God’s message [Weymouth]
Our task is to make the Word of God known – to EVERYONE
Verse 28 says EVERYONE 3x’s – “each one”– emphasizing Christian teaching for all
WHY I work so hard?
Christ followers will GROW & MATURE
Goal (v. 28) – Present every man COMPLETE IN CHRIST.
How is it possible?
HIS POWER mightily works within me. (v. 29)
Bible Study Questions:
1) In verse 22, Paul wrote that God lets you stand in His presence as people who are holy and faultless and innocent.
What does it mean to be holy?
What does it mean to be faultless?
What does it mean to be innocent?
2) The passage notes that this “message was kept secret from everyone, but now it has been explained to God’s people” (v. 26). The word “mystery” is used (v. 27).
What was the word mystery referencing?
Why was the message kept secret? Why was it now explained? (v.27)
3) The goal is “all of Christ’s followers will grow and become mature” (v. 28). How is this accomplished?