Tag Archives: message on truth
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth… For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. – John 1:14, 17 [ESV]
God’s Word is Truth (John 17:17)
Jesus is the Way, the Truth, the life (John 14:6) – The Way to the Father, Truth itself, Life eternal
What about Grace?
Grace is Enough / Amazing Grace / Scandal of Grace / Sufficiency of Grace / Outrageous Grace
Grace Abounds / Only Grace / Saving Grace / Irresistible Grace / Unmeasured Grace
Beauty of Grace/ Fields of Grace / Grace Changes Everything / Grace Flood
Grace is the unmerited favor of God. Grace is getting what you don’t deserve.
- Gift – Gift from God (Romans 3:24)
- Received – Received by Faith (Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 4:16)
- Available – Available to Everyone (Romans 4:16, Romans 10:13)
- Christ – Grace comes through Christ (John 1:17, Romans 5:15, Galatians 2:21)
- Eternity – It’s Extended Throughout Eternity (Romans 6:23)
(Acrostic Credit – Rick Warren)
- Restoring – wipes out guilt & helps you start over (Isaiah 43:25)
- Sustaining – gives you power to endure (Philippians 2:13)
- Healing – does miracles in your life (Psalm 147:3)
- Liberating – helps you break free from perfectionism / upholding the Law (Matthew 11:28-30)
- Assuring – helps you defeat your fear & doubt (Romans 8:37)
Vertical Grace (God to us) vs. Horizontal Grace (us to others)
Love that reaches up is adoration. Love that reaches out is compassion. But love that stoops is grace.
– Charles Swindoll
Grace brings conviction faster than rebuke!
Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. – Ephesians 4:29 [NLT]
Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all! – Romans 12:16 [NLT]
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. – 1 Thessalonians 5:11 [ESV]
See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people. – 1 Thessalonians 5:15 [NASB]
Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. – Ephesians 4:2 [NLT]