Tag Archives: one baptism
“With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” (v. 2-3 ESV)
- 2 With ALL
humility, lowliness of mind, modesty
gentleness, mildness, gentle strength (power with reserve & strength)
patience, forbearance, longsuffering, steadfastness, staying power
bearing with one another in love, enduring with, suffer, admit, persist
- 3 Eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace
ONE BODY – all part of one body
ONE SPIRIT – united by one Spirit – the Spirit of God – the Holy Spirit
ONE LORD – one Lord of all
ONE FAITH – one faith in Jesus Christ
ONE BAPTISM – one baptism in Christ
ONE GOD & FATHER OF ALL – one God, one Father of all
“To a true child of God, the invisible bond that unites all believers to Christ is far more tender, and lasting, and precious; and, as we come to recognize and realize that we are all dwelling in one sphere of life in Him, we learn to look on every believer as our brother, in a sense that is infinitely higher than all human relationships. This is the one and only way to bring disciples permanently together. All other plans for promoting the unity of the Church have failed.”
– A.T. Pierson
Bible Study Questions:
- Verse 7 mentions “grace given to each of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.” What does this mean?
- Verse 11 mentions a list of different titles.
- What type of people were mentioned?
- What does Paul say these different people are responsible for?
- Verse 14 mentions what can happen to us.
- What can happen to us if we stay infants? What does this mean?
- How does this happen? (v. 14)
- How can we prevent this? (see verses 15-16)
- What happens when we each are united working together? (see verses 15-16)