Tag Archives: share Gospel
Week 1 – Stain Removal
I will not take anything from you so that you can’t say you made Abram rich.
CARING FOR GOD’S GLORY
- You were made to glorify God – Isaiah 43:7
- No one can steal God’s glory – Isaiah 42:8
- Satan loves when you try to steal God’s glory
- The Earth will be filled with the knowledge of His glory – Habakkuk 2:14
How do we live this out?
Live By His Strength [1 Peter 4:11] – remember, THE SAME POWER
Bear Fruit [John 15:8] – remember, ABIDE IN HIM
Shine Light [Matthew 5:16] – remember, DON’T HIDE THE GOOD NEWS
Live Intentionally [1 Corinthians 10:31] – remember, KEEP PRESSING FORWARD
GLORY BE TO GOD
Breakout Session Questions
1) Read Isaiah 6:3, Isaiah 60:1-3, and Revelation 21:22-25. What is the glory of God?
2) Read Isaiah 42:8. What does it mean that no one can steal God’s glory, if we know that often we do things to take His glory all the time?
3) Read 1 Peter 4:10-11. What have we been given to help us to live for God’s glory? Within this passage, we are given the answer to how we can do what we have been called to do – to live a life for God’s glory. What can we glean?
Handle with Care is a 6-week series focused on studying God’s Word and responding with care. The six weeks of messages may sound like instructions for laundry care — but you will soon find Handle with Care beckons you to examine within, to gauge how you truly love God and love others, and to grow inward and outward. Caring starts with the heart and pours out into the community.
- Week 1 – Stain Removal – Caring for God’s glory
- Week 2 – Do Not Bleach – Caring for Truth
- Week 3 – Add Fabric Softener – Caring like Barnabas
- Week 4 – Fasten the Zipper – Caring for Unity
- Week 5 – Empty Pockets – Caring for Treasures
- Week 6 – Iron Low Heat – Caring without Complacency
As the school bus passed by, my daughter waved to me, unafraid of what her classmates might say if they spotted her waving to her mum. She was not ashamed to show her love for me. I’ll admit that after the bus was out of view, I thought of her wave and was teary eyed that she shows her love despite the consequences she may face. I sometimes wonder if we are that open to show our love for Christ.
We are told that if we are ashamed of Christ, that He too will be ashamed of us (Mark 8:38). Yet, we are not always boastful of what Christ has done for our lives. We are not always quick to tell our co-workers about Jesus because most of the staff is not Christian. When we get through a difficult situation, we sometimes would rather attribute it to some self-help book or quick fix solution instead of sharing what God did for us. Some people skip praying when they are out at a public restaurant because they do not want people staring.
Jesus stood on trial with humility. Jesus hung on the cross with humility. Jesus was not ashamed to undergo whatever it took– and it took everything– so that we could have a relationship with God and have everlasting life. I pray today that you will ask the Spirit for guidance to share your faith today. I hope you will be able to step out and share Jesus and see how greatly it blesses you and others.
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
– Romans 1:16 [NASB]